That’s the most snow we’ve had in England for twenty years or more, and easily the thickest fall I can remember anywhere outside the Alps.
Cold weather saw the white stuff last into the weekend, and it seemed the perfect time for a blast across the hills.
Here’s a short film I took on Saturday, soon after sunset. My favourite time of day for running, and there’s nothing quite like running in the snow.
As I write, our snowman is now shrinking sadly in the rain. But we’ll remember last week for a much longer time to come.
138. A winter Sunday on the North Downs
112. Forests of fire and iron – Surrey Hills 1
83. Seven Bridges Road – the Wey floodplain
113. The Pilgrim’s Progress – Surrey Hills 2
146. School cross-country – Clandon Park 10 km