… to everyone, especially those of you I met at last year’s party. I’m running the Great South Run in Portsmouth on the same day, and despite the 10 000 runners and claim to be the third largest 10 miler in the world, there’ll still be no soaring skylines, no see-through bridges, and the crowds will politely clap ‘Well done‘ instead of screaming “Go, marathoners !”
A poor substitute, perhaps, but just about the only way to resist cashing in those airmiles on another flight to O’Hare to repeat last year’s fantastic experience.
Have a great run. My feet and I will certainly be thinking about the streets of Chicago this Sunday.
4. GO British ! Chicago Marathon 2002
27. A marathon is…
5. La vida latina – from Houston to Mexico
8. Lakeshore reflections – Chicago Marathon review
51. London Calling
110. The hands that built America – Houston skylines
30. Embarkation Beach: Great South Run 2003