A picture is worth a thousand words, and movie footage … well, maybe more.
It’s a thrill to complete a major international race, even in the heart of the pack.
There’s just no experience quite like it – the patter of trainers on tarmac, the companionship of fellow-runners, the roars of the crowd, and the ghastly rasping sounds which form the soundtrack to my own near-terminal efforts.
So here it is – Roads in southern Spain, and en route to a 1:59:57 half marathon.
Spanish steps – La Rambla de Almería: the ascent for glory (advisory – this film features poor Spanish grammar, right from the start)
Sprint for home – approaching El Estadio Mediterráneo at 20 km, with just 1 km left to live run.
90. Iberian chains – Tierras del Cid, Spain
91. Madrid me mata
78. Spanish stroll: Almería Half Marathon
137. Otro día más sin verte: a return to Spain
129. Tenerife – 1: the light at the end of the world
130. Tenerife – 2: the world at the end of the light